How to buy EKOenergy
In most countries, consumers can switch to renewable energy, for example, via green energy contracts, by using their own installations, through power purchase agreements (PPAs) or via the purchase of unbundled Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs). We ask consumers, big and small, to make use of these possibilities. At the same time, we encourage consumers to take another step by choosing renewable energy with the EKOenergy label!
Read here how your choice for EKOenergy-labelled energy is making a difference for climate and nature. Or see our 1-page leaflet EKOenergy – the international ecolabel for energy.
How to choose EKOenergy?
- Contact one of our licensed sellers.
- If there is no seller in your country yet, tell your local energy supplier that you want to buy EKOenergy.
- Fill the contact form, we will give your contact data to the EKOenergy supplier in your country. If there is no EKOenergy supplier yet, your interest will help convince suppliers to start selling EKOenergy-labelled energy too.
- If you have any questions or suggestions, contact the EKOenergy Secretariat.
Choosing EKOenergy is:
- Not expensive (on the liberalised market, ‘not choosing’, or going for the standard supplier and the standard product, is often more expensive)
- Your way to take climate action and to show that you care about the planet’s future
- A clear signal to producers and politicians that this is the sort of energy they have to invest in.