EKOenergy: network and label
EKOenergy is an international network of environmental organisations. We promote the use of sustainable electricity.
We aim to:
- stimulate the development of renewable energy
- contribute to the protection of nature
- inform consumers about the origin of their electricity
- mobilise the positive energy of thousands of individuals, groups and companies that share our ambition
- join forces with consumer organisations, development organisations, electricity companies, agencies and many more
EKOenergy is also an ecolabel for electricity. Unsurprisingly, only electricity from renewable sources can be sold as EKOenergy, but EKOenergy is more than just renewable. It also fulfils additional sustainability requirements set by the EKOenergy Network, and part of the price paid is invested in new renewable energy projects.
The EKOenergy label is the only electricity label which results from an international consultation process, works internationally and is widely recognised.