EKOenergy for your company
Why are companies buying EKOenergy?
Advertising your commitment to renewables
- The ecolabel is a visually appealing tool for communication and advertisement.
- The ecolabel demonstrates your commitment to renewable energy and helps encourage others to do the same.
Fight against climate change
- Our ecolabel only supports power plants that meet our sustainability criteria.
- You support the EKOenergy Climate Fund when you buy EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy. The Climate Fund finances sustainable energy projects in the developing world, helping to reduce energy poverty.
- You support our Environmental Fund when you buy EKOenergy-ecolabelled hydropower. The Environmental Fund finances river restoration projects, helping to maintain valuable ecosystems.
Supported by leading standards and NGOs
- Recommended by CDP and GHG Protocol: The GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance, as well as CDP’s guidelines, refer to EKOenergy as a good “way for companies to do more with their renewable energy purchase.”
- Recommended by the LEED green building certificate: EKOenergy-ecolabelled electricity fulfills LEED’s Green Power criteria (for electricity and for renewable electricity certificates). This is explicitly mentioned in LEED’s European texts, but is increasingly true elsewhere too.
International recognition and expertise
- The ecolabel is available in over 40 countries and we are expanding every year.
- EKOenergy’s criteria are based on input from experts from many countries and approved by a network of non-profit environmental organisations.
- We work with organisations like RECS International to promote renewable energy worldwide.
- EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy is always in line with the criteria set out in the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 2 Guidance.
Who else is using EKOenergy?
- We are proud that many companies choose EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy to demonstrate their commitment to a sustainable future: SAP, Tetra Pak, Groupe Rocher, Schüco, Genelec, VMware, Workday, Olvi, Saimaa Brewing Company, Finlayson and many others.
More information on how EKOenergy can support you
- 1-page summary about EKOenergy
- Our 5 year report: ”EKOenergy’s First Five Years : 2013 – 2018″
- For updates on our most recent work: subscribe to our newsletter, see our recent articles or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Linkedin.
Get in contact