EKOenergy for Your Company
Why Are Companies Buying EKOenergy?
International Recognition and Expertise
- The ecolabel is available in over 40 countries and we are expanding every year.
- We work with organisations like RECS International to promote renewable energy worldwide.
- EKOenergy’s criteria are based on input from experts from many countries and approved by a network of non-profit environmental organisations.
- EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy is always in line with the criteria set out in the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 2 Guidance.
Advertising Your Commitment to Renewables
- The ecolabel is a visually appealing tool for communication and advertisement.
- The ecolabel demonstrates your commitment to renewable energy and helps encourage others to do the same.
Fight Against Climate Change
- Our ecolabel only supports power plants that meet our sustainability criteria.
- You support the EKOenergy Climate Fund when you buy EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy. The Climate Fund finances sustainable energy projects in the developing world, helping to reduce energy poverty.
- You support our Environmental Fund when you buy EKOenergy-ecolabelled hydropower. The Environmental Fund finances river restoration projects, helping to maintain valuable ecosystems.
Supported by Leading Standards and NGOs
- Recommended by CDP and GHG Protocol: The GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance, as well as CDP’s guidelines, refer to EKOenergy as a good “way for companies to do more with their renewable energy purchase.”
- Recommended by the LEED green building certificate: EKOenergy-ecolabelled electricity fulfills LEED’s Green Power criteria (for electricity and for renewable electricity certificates). This is explicitly mentioned in LEED’s European texts, but is increasingly true elsewhere too.
Who Else is Using EKOenergy?
- We are proud that many companies choose EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy to demonstrate their commitment to a sustainable future: SAP, Tetra Pak, Groupe Rocher, Schüco, Genelec, VMware, Workday, Olvi, Saimaa Brewing Company, Finlayson and many others.
“So why should other brands care? There are a plethora of benefits gained from a pivot towards renewable energy, and especially if sourced from projects that additionally contribute in a substantiated manner to the SDGs. Companies not only reduce their carbon footprint, but also demonstrate their commitment to their employees, customers and investors. Equally importantly, smart corporates can hedge against risks: the move to a low-carbon future is inevitable, and as societies and economies unlock from fossil fuels, the transition to renewables makes long-term economic sense for businesses.” Sustainable Brands Copenhagen ‘17, Natalia Gorina
More Information On How EKOenergy Can Support You
Get in Contact