За всеки продаден MWh от ЕКОенергия минимум 10 евроцента отиват в Климатичен фонд ЕКОенергия. Тези пари ще бъдат изпълзвани да инвестиране в климатични проекти, които не биха били учредени без вноските. ЕКОенергия няма да основава собствени проекти, но ще финансира проекти на опитни разработчици на проекти.
За повече информация вижте Глава 9 от текста “ЕКОенергия – мрежа и екомаркировка“.
Climate projects 2018
(First series – more projects will be announced in July 2018)
- Solar Clinics in Karen State, Myanmar : Green Empowerment and Border Green Energy Team will provide renewable energy to eight clinics, one training center for addiction treatment workers, and one school in order to improve medical and education services. Approximately 29,700 people living in Karen villages and refugee camps along the Thailand-Myanmar border will benefit from the outcomes. This will be accomplished through the installation of 280-350-watt solar electricity systems and accompanying training in operation and maintenance. The systems will generate a combined total of 3kW of electricity to enhance the quality of medical operations of these facilities. EKOenergy donated 17735 euro to this project.
- Safe and Healthy Schools in Apurimac, Peru : Practical Action is providing access to energy, water and sanitation, as well as information and communication technologies to schools in Apurimac, Peru. The schools are supported with training and health promotion activities with the aim of creating safe and healthy schools. EKOenergy donates 28558 euro to Practical Action to help fund the solar (PV) power supply for the project.
- Green energy for development – renewable electricity in rural area of Rakhine State, Myanmar : Istituto Oikos will install a Solar mini-grid in a remote area of Thandwe District, in the southern Rakhine State. The action will guarantee equal access to reliable and renewable energy for 25 households (56 men and 41 women, total 97 persons), living in Nyaung Chaung village, part of the Gwa Township. EKOenergy donates 15000 euro to this project.
- Solar Kiosks for Togo : Solar without Borders is installing Smart Solar Nano Grids in Togo. A Smart Solar Nano Grid is an off-grid solar system that provides 8 neighbouring families with sustainable energy on 220V. Every family has his own energy meter. With a simple SMS they can top up their energy credits on their meter. The 8 families pay off together the solar system by paying up front for their consumption. After 4 years the system is paid off and the families become the owner of the solar system. EKOenergy donates 6000 euro to the project.
- Enlightening children’s future, Madagascar : This is a project of the Swiss organisation CEAS. The primary goal of the project is to grant access to electricity to a school in the rural village of Amboanjobe. Meanwhile, it will provide energy-related services to the whole population. A solar kiosk close to the school will allow each class to have access to electric light and outlets, allowing the pupils to have better learning conditions. It will also allow after dark classes, for those who need it, or for parents in need of literacy classes. EKOenergy donates 18000 euro to this project.
- Solar powered Water and Energy Kiosk in Western Kenya : This project of Solafrica aims at providing affordable energy source and to promote the conservation of environment through provision of reliable and clean water for agricultural production and drinking. EKOenergy donates 23400 euro to this project.
- Solar energy for North-Darfur, Sudan : Continuation of a project that we started financing in 2017. For 2018, we donate 40,000 euro to strengthen the developement of the revolving fund and to extend solar power services to clinics, social infrastructure and women led income generating activities. The project is implemented by Practical Action.
- Four more projects have been selected, for a total of 90,000 euro. The beneficiaries will be published here in July 2018.