How to buy EKOenergy-labelled energy
Consumers can switch to renewable energy via green energy contracts, on-site installations, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), or Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) such as GOs and I-RECs. The availability of these methods depends on your location.
We encourage all energy consumers, large and small, to make use of the existing possibilities.
Choosing renewable energy with the EKOenergy label is an extra step you can take regardless of your method of purchase. Our non-profit ecolabel can be combined with all of the available procurement methods. You can read more about how your choice of EKOenergy-labelled energy is making a difference here or see our EKOenergy – the international ecolabel for energy.
How to start using EKOenergy-labelled energy?
- You can start by contacting one of authorised EKOenergy sellers.
- If there is no authorised seller of EKOenergy in your country yet, you can tell your local energy supplier that you want to buy EKOenergy-labelled energy. They can contact us any time and we will be happy to guide them through the process.
- Fill out our contact form, we will give your contact data to the EKOenergy supplier in your country. If there is no EKOenergy supplier yet, your interest can help us convince energy suppliers to start selling EKOenergy-labelled energy.
- For more information on how to use EKOenergy from your own on-site installations, see our webpage on EKOenergy from on-site installations and PPAs.
- If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact the EKOenergy Secretariat.
Choosing EKOenergy is:
- An easy process.
- Affordable (In liberalised energy markets, staying with the default supplier and their basic product is often more expensive).
- A way to take climate action and show that you care about the planet’s future.
- A clear signal to energy producers and politicians that consumers want sustainably generated renewable energy