How to buy EKOenergy-labelled energy
Consumers can switch to renewable energy via green energy contracts, by using their own installations, through power purchase agreements (PPAs), or by purchasing Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs). The availability of these methods depends on which country you are located but something can be done everywhere.
We encourage consumers, big and small, to make use of the existing possibilities.
At the same time, we recommend taking another step by choosing renewable energy with the EKOenergy label! Our non-profit ecolabel can be combined with all of the above-mentioned procurement methods. Read here how your choice of EKOenergy-labelled energy is making a difference for the climate and biodiversity. Or see our 1-page leaflet EKOenergy – the international ecolabel for energy.
How to proceed?
- You can start by contacting one of our authorised sellers.
- If there is no authorised seller of EKOenergy in your country yet, you can tell your local energy supplier that you want to buy EKOenergy-labelled energy. They can contact us any time and we will be happy to guide them through the process.
- Fill out our contact form, we will give your contact data to the EKOenergy supplier in your country. If there is no EKOenergy supplier yet, your interest can help us convince energy suppliers to start selling EKOenergy-labelled energy.
- For more information on how to use EKOenergy from your own on-site installations, see our webpage on EKOenergy from on-site installations and PPAs.
- If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact the EKOenergy Secretariat.
Choosing EKOenergy is:
- An easy process.
- Affordable (For example, on liberalised energy markets, not choosing, or staying with the default supplier and their basic product, is often more expensive).
- Your way to take climate action and show that you care about the planet’s future.
- A clear signal to producers and politicians that this is the sort of energy they have to invest in.