How to sell EKOenergy?
Energy suppliers, sellers of Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) and companies facilitating any renewable energy procurement method (such as PPA facilitators, aggregators, etc.) can offer EKOenergy-labelled energy to consumers if:
- They have signed the EKOenergy Agreement (“Licence Agreement”) and operate accordingly.
- The energy they offer with the EKOenergy label fulfils the criteria listed in our criteria catalogue(s).
Signing the EKOenergy Agreement is free of cost. EKOenergy fees and contributions are based on volumes of EKOenergy sold.
The EKOenergy Agreement and our criteria for electricity, gas, heat and cold deal with the following aspects:
- Tracking, avoidance of double counting and consumer information
- Additionality, in particular by contributing to EKOenergy’s Climate Fund and by supporting EKOenergy’s work to promote renewable energy worldwide
- Auditing and verification.
Other useful information for those who want to work with our label
- For more information about how offering and selling EKOenergy-labelled energy works, see the leaflet Steps to sell products with the EKOenergy ecolabel.
- For more information about how to use the EKOenergy ecolabel in your communication, see EKOenergy’s brand book.