How to sell EKOenergy?
Energy suppliers, sellers of Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) and companies facilitating any renewable energy procurement method (such as PPA facilitators, aggregators, etc.) can offer EKOenergy-labelled energy to consumers if:
- They have signed the EKOenergy Agreement (“Licence Agreement”) and operate accordingly.
- The energy they offer with the EKOenergy label fulfils the criteria listed in our criteria catalogue(s).
Signing the EKOenergy Agreement is free of cost. EKOenergy fees and contributions are based on volumes of EKOenergy sold.
The EKOenergy Agreement and our criteria for electricity, gas, heat and cold deal with the following aspects:
- Tracking, avoidance of double counting and consumer information
- Additionality, in particular by contributing to EKOenergy’s Climate Fund and by supporting EKOenergy’s work to promote renewable energy worldwide
- Auditing and verification.
Do you want to work with the EKOenergy ecolabel?
- To see how EKOenergy-labelled sales work, see the leaflet Steps to selling energy (and Energy Attribute Certificates) with the EKOenergy ecolabel.
- If you do on-site solar PV installations and want to offer EKOenergy-labelled solar energy to your clients, see how your clients can use EKOenergy-labelled electricity.
- To learn how to use the EKOenergy logo in your communication, check EKOenergy’s brand book.
- Do you want to sell EKOenergy-labelled hydropower? See the application form for hydropower installations (PDF – DOC). We only accept electricity from hydropower installations that are built before 2013 and fulfil our sustainability criteria. For other types of renewable energy, contact us at infoekoenergy.org.