How to sell EKOenergy?
Energy suppliers and sellers of Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) can sell EKOenergy-labelled energy to consumers if they meet all of the below criteria:
- They have signed the EKOenergy Licence Agreement and operate accordingly.
- They fulfil the criteria listed in our criteria catalogue(s).
Signing the Licence Agreement is free of cost. EKOenergy fees and contributions are based on volumes of EKOenergy sold.
The criteria listed in our Licence Agreement and in the various criteria catalogues deal with the following aspects:
- Tracking, avoidance of double counting and consumer information
- Additionality and contributions to EKOenergy’s Climate Fund
- Auditing and verification.
For more information about how to use the EKOenergy ecolabel in your communication, see EKOenergy’s brand book.