More about climate change and energy
Background document about renewable energy and climate change
In the document «Background information about renewable energy, climate change and the electricity market» (pdf, 25 pages, English, version June 2014) you can find more information about the following topics:
- Advantages and disadvantages of several types of renewable energy
- Climate change: causes and consequences
- What can be done against climate change
- The electricity market in Europe
The text is meant as a ‘living document’. We welcome updates, corrections, additions and translations. Contact us for more information.
Some chapters in html version
The following chapters of the text are also available in html version:
- Wind energy
- Climate change: Causes and consequences
- How to avoid dramatic climate change (mitigation)
Other texts composed by the EKOenergy Secretariat
- The effects of wind turbines on bat mortality and available solutions – An executive review (May 2015)
See also the European Commission’s Climate change factsheet (pdf, 6 pages).