Fundraising for climate projects
EKOenergy’s Climate Fund
One of the ways EKOenergy ensures additionality is through the Climate Fund. Thanks to users of EKOenergy labelled electricity, we finance green energy projects that would not have happened otherwise.
- For each MWh of EKOenergy-labelled energy sold, the seller pays at least 0.10 € to the Climate Fund.
- We don’t set up own projects, but finance projects of experienced organisations. The selected projects are also a part of larger, long lasting and ambitious projects.
- Projects focus on alleviating energy poverty and contribute to the realisation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The projects are selected through a transparent and open process. Experts, as well as licensed sellers and energy consumers are actively involved in the selection process. The final decision is taken by EKOenergy’s Board.
We financed the first projects in 2015 and since then, we have financed 36 projects with a total sum of 824,311.00 €.
Climate stories: examples of financed projects
Map with all financed projects
More information about the financed renewable energy projects
For more information and updates about the renewable energy projects that are financed through our Climate Fund:
- See EKOenergy’s accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Flickr and Xing.
- Feel free to subscribe to our Newsletter too.
- See the websites of the organisations that implemented the projects.
- Or have a look at the following “Climate Stories”. More will come!
Help us do more
More projects are waiting for financing. Do you want to help us do more? Switch to EKOenergy-ecolabelled energy and encourage others to do the same.