Ecolabel for energy
EKOenergy is an international energy ecolabel, for electricity and gas. In addition to being renewable, the energy sold with the EKOenergy label fulfills additional environmental criteria and raises funds for new renewable energy projects.
- Easy to use: Buying EKOenergy is simple, as we have licensed sellers around the world. Also, the EKOenergy ecolabel brings additionality to renewable energy certificates such as GOs and I-RECs.
- Communication tool: The ecolabel serves as a tool for announcing your commitment to climate action. You can use EKOenergy for your household or for your company.
- Sustainability criteria: Our additional sustainability criteria guarantee that the production happens in harmony with nature. See more about our criteria.
- Climate: For each MWh you use, your supplier will contribute €0.10 to our Climate Fund, which we invest in renewable energy projects where they are needed the most.
- Recommendations: The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, LEED and CDP all recommend using EKOenergy.
- Dedicated international staff: Our international team comes from 10 different countries, and our materials are available in over 30 languages.
EKOenergy labelled hydropower sales contribute to river restoration projects. See our Environmental Fund.