EKOenergy’s Climate Fund
Fundraising for climate projects
One of the ways EKOenergy ensures additionality is through the Climate Fund. Thanks to users of EKOenergy-labelled electricity, we finance green energy projects that would not have happened otherwise.
- For each MWh of EKOenergy-labelled energy sold, the seller pays at least 0.10 € (ten cents) to the Climate Fund.
- We don’t set up our own projects, but rather finance projects implemented by experienced organisations. The selected projects are, in most cases, a part of larger, longer-lasting projects.
- All projects focus on alleviating energy poverty and contribute to the realisation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- The projects are selected through a transparent and open process. Experts, as well as licensed sellers and energy consumers, are actively involved in the selection process. The final decision is taken by EKOenergy’s Board.
We financed the first projects in 2015 and, since then, have financed 59 projects with a total sum of 1,301,081.00 €.
Climate stories: examples of financed projects
Map with all financed projects
Click on the icon in the top left of the map () to see the full list of financed projects, to select all projects of a specific year, and to see more information about the projects.
More information about the projects
For more information and updates about the renewable energy projects that are financed through our Climate Fund:
- See EKOenergy’s accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Flickr, and Xing.
- Feel free to subscribe to our Newsletter.
- See the websites of the organisations that implemented the projects.
- Or have a look at the following ‘Climate Stories’. More coming soon!
Help us do more
More projects are always in need of financing. Do you want to help us do more? Switch to EKOenergy-labelled energy and encourage others to do the same.