– Deadline for concept papers on 10 November 2019
For each MWh of EKOenergy labelled energy sold, a minimum of 0.10 € goes to EKOenergy’s Climate Fund. This Fund finances renewable energy projects aimed at alleviating energy poverty in developing countries.
In cooperation with the Siemenpuu Foundation, we have just launched a new call for projects in Mali, Myanmar and Nepal. Under this call, we only accept applications from local organisations.
A. RENEWABLE ELECTRICITY INSTALLATIONS: Siemenpuu and EKOenergy are looking for 2-5 projects to be financed in the range of 25.000 to 60.000 euros, lasting maximum until Dec 2021. We are looking for project proposals in rural areas in Mali (restricted to Bougouni, Koulikoro and Sikasso regions), Myanmar and Nepal. Solar and wind installations preferred.
B. ENERGY JUSTICE AND SUSTAINABLE ENERGY RELATED ADVOCACY WORK: Siemenpuu Foundation is looking for 1-3 projects to be financed in the range of 30.000 to 90.000 euros, lasting maximum until Dec 2021. They are looking for project proposals aiming at making national energy policies and energy investments sustainable and transparent in Mali, Myanmar or Nepal. Activities may include training civil society and decision-makers on energy planning and sustainable/renewable energy, supporting energy project-related struggles, campaigns, research, public information work or other advocacy work.
Specific criteria and conditions (See more information on the online form):
- Applicant: registered local civil society organisation in Mali, Myanmar or Nepal. In this call, localized branches of international NGOs are NOT eligible to apply.
- Communities are involved in the definition, design and implementation of activities
- Reliable bookkeeping and project auditing according to national laws and given guidelines
- Minimum of 10 % of self-financing (either cash, voluntary work and/or donated goods)
EKOenergy shall launch a second call for projects worldwide in the beginning of 2020, after we know how much EKOenergy ecolabelled energy has been sold in 2019.