What and why?
At EKOenergy ecolabel, we are steadfast in our commitment to acting responsibly, transparently, and in accordance with legislation. Upholding the values outlined in EKOenergy’s mission statement and criteria is paramount. We actively encourage stakeholders to report any concerns or suspicions related to potential fraud, abuse, or unethical activities in our operations or in those we fund. This commitment ensures prompt corrective actions, preventing similar situations in the future.
Reportable abuses include, but are not limited to,
- The unauthorised diversion of project funds (Climate Fund, Environmental Fund, campaign support) or double-reporting activities funded by another donor.
- Any illicit activities as part of the projects we have funded, including, but not limited to, bribery and money laundering
- Providing false information to us during the auditing processes
- Unauthorised use of our logo
Please report the issue promptly, even if uncertain. Your vigilance is crucial for maintaining transparency and accountability in our mission.
To report, please contact by email:
- EKOenergy’s Secretariat via Steven Vanholme firstname.lastname@example.org
- The management of our host organisation Suomen luonnonsuojeluliitto ry (The Finnish Association for Nature Conservation) via Mr Tapani Veistola, Executive Director, email@example.com or Mrs Hanna Halmeenpää, Chair of the Board, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send a letter to any of the above-mentioned persons: c/o Suomen luonnonsuojeluliitto ry, Itälahdenkatu 22B, 00210 Helsinki, Finland
Procedure and formalities
Letters or emails can be in languages other than English but not handwritten. Clearly mention “Reporting Suspected Misuse” in the title.
When reporting, describe the case in as much detail as possible. The more information you provide, the more useful your notice will be. Include a detailed description of what exactly happened, what you saw, heard, or witnessed.
We take all reported issues seriously.
Your report will be handled anonymously.