Our vision and mission
The world needs to start treating the climate crisis as a crisis. We need to act NOW to drastically reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and to limit global warming to an absolute maximum increase of 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.
This is the only way we can hope to preserve the range of ecosystems and species that make the world such a vibrant place to live in. Tackling climate change is also crucial in helping eradicate poverty and creating a better world for future generations.
A world where energy is generated and consumed sustainably. Where we live with respect for nature and biodiversity, and where the UN Sustainable Development Goals have been achieved.
To use our ecolabel as a tool to promote the most sustainable forms of energy and to raise funds for additional climate and biodiversity protection.
‘Deeds not words’ is our philosophy. Taking action in our own lives is the best way to achieve major policy changes truly needed in society.
- Speeding up the transition to 100% renewable energy.
- Increasing knowledge and discourse around renewable energy and biodiversity, amongst the public in general and amongst decision-makers and large corporate consumers in particular.
- Developing and promoting the EKOenergy label to encourage the sustainable generation of energy and to help consumers find such energy.
- Protecting local ecosystems and restoring river habitats through our Environmental Fund.
- Providing access to clean energy and alleviating energy poverty in developing countries through our Climate Fund.
- Cooperating and forming partnerships with other environmental NGOs, so that our work complements each other’s efforts.
- Helping to realise the Sustainable Development Goals.