New call for Climate Projects – 2020
Funding for solar and wind energy projects in developing countries
For each MWh of sold EKOenergy-labelled energy, the seller pays 0.10 € to EKOenergy’s Climate Fund. Our Climate Fund finances renewable electricity projects aimed at alleviating energy poverty in developing countries and regions. These are usually smaller scale solar (and wind) energy projects.
In December 2019 we had a call for projects in cooperation with the Siemenpuu Foundation. We are now opening a new, own, call to distribute an extra 130,000 €. We are looking for 4-8 projects of 15,000 to 30,000 € each.
We invite organisations to submit project ideas by 29 February 2020. The 15 best ideas/proposals will be invited to submit us more information in April 2020.
The reporting procedure will will be specified in the contract between EKOenergy and the beneficiary.
- The project proposal should be written in English.
- Send the proposal as a pdf document of maximum 3 pages to ekoenergyfundssll.fi
The application should mention:
- The implementing organisation’s experience in the field of renewable energy.
- The implementing organisation’s bookkeeping and resources: What is your annual budget and what are the main sources of income? How is your bookkeeping audited?
- How much capacity will be installed and how many people will benefit from it? The used materials should fulfill the safety and quality requirements of the relevant IEC standards (https://www.iec.ch/renewables/), the GOGLA Quality Standard or equivalent quality criteria.
- How do you plan to communicate about the project? How will you communicate at local level, in the country where the project is being implemented? And how can you help us share the news about your project towards energy consumers in general and users of EKOenergy-labelled energy in particular?
- How will the project be followed-up after the installation?
- What is the impact on the local community? (including links with the UN Sustainable Development Goals). How is the local community involved in the project?
Evaluation of the applications
We will evaluate the applications based on the extent to which it fulfills these criteria:
- Experience, solvency and reliability of the main applicant + strong involvement of local organizations/NGOs (20%)
- Strong, demonstrated links with several of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (20%)
- Quality and efficiency of the project: effectiveness, efficiency, relevance, impact (20%)
- Long term viability, sustainability and replicability of the project (20%)
- Opportunities for advertising the benefits of renewable energy and informing the users of EKOenergy-labelled energy how their contributions are being spent. (20%)